Sunday, January 27, 2008

January Wrapup

You'll note there's no training entry from Friday. There will be no training entries until next Friday. On the road for work last week and this coming week and I need a mental health day today to keep my stress levels under control.

To focus on the positive, let's see how we did toward our goals for January:

Powerlifting
1) Squat 275x5
Exceeded it last Tuesday by doing it for 3 sets.
2) Bench 205x5
Missed it. I set an unrealistic goal; I did make great progress on the bench, and will still be in good shape to hit the annual goal
3) Deadlift 254x5
Hit it on the first try, and have since exceeded it. Probably not well set.

Body Composition
1) Learn how to use calipers
I did, but I didn't need to - I'm using a weight/waist caclulation from now on, mostly because it's easier, and there is no real reason to get more accurate. Lean and healthy is lean and healthy.
2) Reduce waist measurement to 38.25
Missed, by a long shot. This morning, I'm 233, 39 inch waist. That means I went in the right direction on body composition, but not far enough. For future goals, the bodyfat % will be the goal, not waist measurement.

I'll post February goals shortly.

No comments: